Information regarding freezing issues with Chrome browser
Sometime ago Chrome released a new update including some new functionalities. They also introduced a new feature called “throttle expensive background timers”.
The new "Background Tab Throttling" functionality limit the CPU usage of background tabs to 1% if they use excessive power.
Sadly, as a side effect it may freeze your game when it runs in the background and it only affects flash games / browser games!
Therefore we can’t fix the problem on our side but we can provide some useful hints to unfreeze your game in case this happened:
1. Use the zoom-in function of the browser (in the normal browser menu or CTRL+ Mouse Wheel or CTRL+Plus)
2. Zoom out again (in the normal browser menu or CTRL+Mouse Wheel or CTRL+Minus)
3. The tab should be unfrozen now, if not you can try to resize the window by using the window mode.
If nothing helped try the following steps:
Note: For advanced users only!
Disable the flag in Chrome and Chrome-based Browser
- Open Google Chrome and type chrome://flags in the address bar to open the advanced settings page!
- Press “CTRL+F” and type “throttling” in the search box
- Change the setting of the flag “Throttle expensive background timers” to “Disabled”
- Relaunch your browser!
If you need more information or more help please visit http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-disable-background-tabs-throttling-feature-in-google-chrome-and-opera-web-browsers/
We hope these hints will help you to deal with this issue until Chrome gets an update to fix this issue.